I’m still on vacation in Hawaii with unreliable internet access, but I still want to get the Monthly Peace Challenge out before the end of the month.
To help inspire the Bloggers for Peace (B4Peace), we will have a Monthly Peace Challenge. To participate, tag your post with B4Peace and make sure you copy your URL to the Linkz collection. Anyone who completes all twelve Monthly Peace Challenges will receive a Free B4Peace T-shirt.
One of the best things about coming back to Hawaii is the music. Everywhere you go there is music–Hawaiian music, Reggae, Elevator music. Hearing all the Hawaiian music gives me flashbacks to when I was a child. My mother used to play Hawaiian music in our house everyday–Kalapana, Brothers Cazimero, Cecilio and Kapono, Sunday Manoa. Then one day the stereo broke, and I could distinctly remember the disintegration of peace in our household.
For this month’s Peace Challenge I want to invoke the power of music.
- Post a song or video of a song that has brought peace to your world. Feel free to explain how this music has created peace.
- Tell a story about how music “tamed the savage beast.”
- Write a song for peace. You don’t have to write the music, just the lyrics.
- Sing a song for peace and write a post about what you felt.
- Make a top 10 list of songs/artists that bring peace to our world.
- Interview a songwriter about what inspired them to create music that you find peaceful.
- Post anything about the intersection of music and peace.
Don’t forget to link to at least one other B4Peace post and add your post to the Linkz collection. Here is how:
- Copy your URL to the Linkz collection. You’ll find the link below. It’s the drunk blue frog smiling for peace. Click on it and follow directions.
- Go visit this site to read and comment on other posts related to this Monthly Peace Challenge.
- Monthly Peace Challenge – Peace Begins with a Letter (everydaygurus.com)
- Monthly Peace Challenge: Peace at Home (thisismycorn.wordpress.com)