Dr. Dan Siegel, professor of psychiatry at UCLA School of Medicine, has given 4 TedTalks, authored the NY Times best-seller Brainstorm, and pioneered the field of Interpersonal Neurobiology.
In this interview, we discuss:
- How compassion and kindness are as important to the brain as the breath is to life
- How parenting can lead us towards self-compassion and receptivity as opposed to reactivity
- How being honest and present in whatever is happening is good for ourselves and the world
- How we can break the vicious cycle of a lack of compassion in men.
- How compassion can help us embrace the uncertainty of living in the moment
- Where and why Dr. Siegel gives away for free awareness and compassion practices–www.drdansiegel.com
If you don’t already know who Dan Siegel is, I suggest checking out his website: drdansiegel.com