The Compassion Interviews is a project of mine at PeaceInRelationships.com. I am trying to interview the most compassionate people I can find to supplement the lack of compassionate role models in the media. With 10 interviews completed, I have to say that this project has changed my life. I’m realizing that compassion is the key to not only happiness, but also success and peace.
Father Richard Rohr is a Franciscan friar and blogger for the Huffington Post. Author of over 30 books including Falling Upward and From Wild Man to Wise Man, Father Rohr has spoken around the world about Christian contemplative practices, male spirituality, radical compassion, and silence. He is founder of the Center for Action and Contemplation in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
In this interview we discuss:
- How we cannot just wish to be compassionate
- How to enjoy life by experiencing it at depth
- How technology can be an instrument for our liberation
- Why now more than ever wise elders are needed
- How powerlessness leads to real power
- The six big issues that the dualistic mind cannot process or deal with—love, death, suffering, infinity, God, and sex
- How Scripture supports Christ as a meditator