Peace is spreading. Last month’s peace challenge had more participants than any other peace challenge this year! (So many people posted for peace that I have not gotten to all the posts yet. Sorry, I’m a bit behind due to back to back conferences.) We are also adding new bloggers for peace everyday thanks to the Daily Post Blog Events listing. I can feel the momentum of peace shifting. Let’s keep the ball rolling.
To help inspire the Bloggers for Peace (B4Peace), we will have a Monthly Peace Challenge. To participate, tag your post with B4Peace and make sure you copy your URL to the Linkz collection. Anyone who completes all twelve Monthly Peace Challenges will receive a Free B4Peace T-shirt.
It has been a little over 50 years since Martin Luther King gave his famous speech on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. One of my favorite parts of this speech was when Dr. King visualized what his dreams for America would look like:
I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave-owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood…I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
Let’s visualize what a peaceful world will look like. For this month’s peace challenge, I challenge you to publish what your dream of peace looks like. Here are a few prompts. Feel free to use one or create your own.
- With as much detail as possible, describe a day in a world full of peace.
- What would the radio, internet, television sound/look like in a peaceful world?
- Pick a spot in the world today that has conflict and re-vision this area as peaceful.
- What would all the people who are in active duty to conflict do if we had world peace? How would we alter our spending, resources, and brain power if we didn’t have to worry about war?
- Describe the world you want your children to live in. How would they feel? What would they be doing and with whom?
- Pretend you are the only one living who remembers a world without peace. How would you describe how grateful you are to be living in a peaceful world?
Don’t forget to link to at least one other B4Peace post and add your post to the Linkz collection. Here is how:
- Copy your URL to the Linkz collection. You’ll find the link below. It’s the drunk blue frog smiling for peace. Click on it and follow directions.
- Go visit this site to read and comment on other posts related to this Monthly Peace Challenge.
- Monthly Peace Challenge: Quote This (everydaygurus.com)