I am such an ingrate. Even though I post five things to be grateful for each day, I still take things for granted. Case in point, blogger awards. I have been so busy with Bloggers for Peace that I have not reciprocated on no less than 10 blogger awards. Thanks to Rarasaur for hitting me in the head of how important blogger awards are. It’s hypocritical to try to recruit members of Bloggers for Peace while ignoring these special awards and the amazing bloggers who nominated everydaygurus (EG). I am going to adjust the rules, however, so I don’t bore you to death.
The Wonderful Nominators
The lovely Sarah from diary of a house elf nominated EG for a Beautiful Blogger Award. Sarah’s blog makes me laugh, cry, smile, and tingle. Check out her latest post dedicated to her father to get a taste of her wonderfulness. Domo Arigato, Mr. Robato, Sarah.
Bodhisattvaintraining from Down Under also nominated EG for this award. Annie is an amazing woman, mother, daughter, and blogger who has close ties with the Dalai Lama. Not only that, she lives in Australia and has a keen eye for photography. Check out this post to see what I mean. Annie also nominated us for the Shine On Award. Terima kasi, Annie.
Tracy nominated us for the Liebster Award. Many of you already know Tracy from FEC-This since she guest blogged for me a few weeks back. Tracy is a survivor, and her main weapon is a positive attitude. If you are ever feeling sorry for yourself or need a change of attitude, just check out her blog. Merci Beaucoup, Ma Chere, Tracy.
Alison fromAdventures in Wonderland nominated us for both the Shine On and Versatile Blogger Awards. Alison and Don travel around the world and take incredible adventures and photographs. Try a taste of India here. If you want to change your life, check out Alison’s seven interesting facts here. Namaste, Alison.
Dave from The Groovy Gazette nominated EG for the Reality Blog Award and the Shine On Award. Dave is one groovy guy with a ton of wisdom. Check his blog out for peace, music, baseball, stocks, and the power of intention. Sound impossible. It’s not. Check it out. Mahalo, Dave.
Kylie from The Life of Kylie nominated EG for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Kylie is a Freshly Pressed blogger who blogs about everything, but always brings beauty, humor, and wisdom to her readers. Check out her heart-warming tribute to her friend Heather. Grazie, Kylie.
Glorious Mettle nominated EG for the Readership Award. I first noticed GM on other people’s blogs because she was so generous with her comments. She definitely deserves the Readership Award. Her blog is just as generous as her comments. Check out her incredible jewelry, artwork, and photography. Obrigado, Glorious Mettle.
I’m going to combine all the personal questions into 7 things about me.
1) I love Apple computers. I once bought 300 shares of Apple stock when it was $10/share. Everyone had given up on Apple, but I had faith in the core beliefs of the company. Last year, Apple reached $660/share. Unfortunately, I sold the lot at $22/share.
2) If my life was a stock, it would be selling for about $10/share. Many of my friends and family have given up on me, but I have faith in my core beliefs. And like Apple, I’m getting better and better everyday.
3) Three of my good friends have drowned while surfing big waves. Rest in Peace, Todd, Donnie, and Mark.
4) My father-in-law is a Qigong master who can make light come out of the tips of his fingers.
5) I once crashed my car on the freeway because I INTENTIONALLY went to sleep while driving–I realized that the elevated markers that lined the freeway were meant to wake up sleeping drivers, so I went to sleep figuring that the markers would wake me up when I needed to steer.
6) The only summer camps I attended when I was a kid were at the Institute of Buddhist Studies where we chanted and meditated three times a day in seiza position.
7) Even though I’ve spent half my life studying all different kinds of martial arts, I’ve lost every fight I’ve ever been in. Guess, I’m a lover, not a fighter.
Bloggers I nominate:
Yay, I get to give awards.
Very Inspiring Blogger Award goes to Cathy at Comments from Cathy. Cathy, her husband Al, and their special needs daughter Mija will change your view on life. love, and happiness. Do yourself a favor and click on the link.
Versatile Blogger Award goes to PaulaB at The Temenos Journal. Paula defines versatile with photos, poetry, short stories, journal entries, gardening, and pure heart. I’ve told Paula a number of times that she is an angel. Click on her blog to find out why.
Reality Blogger Award goes to Tomas at heartflow2013. Visiting Tomas is like visiting a guru. His wisdom gives you exactly what you need at the moment. Want to meet a guru online, click on Tomas’ link.
Wonderful Team Member Readership Award goes to Sofia at Sofiasiberia.com. Sofia is such a faithful blog friend. She has a huge heart that truly cares about us lucky bloggers who she follows. She also is an enlightened empath. Visit her blog and make friends. It will be the best thing you do today.
Wonderful Team Member Readership Award goes to Karen at KM Huber’s Blog. Karen is a reader/writer in the truest sense. She claims to have learned zen from a beagle, and I believe her. I am thankful that we have become friends.
For those receiving the awards click on the bold text of the award to get the official rules for the award.
I know I am missing someone, so I am sorry. Some of you bloggers like Dianne Gray have so many awards that I gave your awards to someone who would appreciate it. haha. Love you, Dianne.
Thank you for reading, sharing, and smiling.